[美国毕业生起薪人均下降]Those who are graduating in the spring and land a job will see erage starting salary offers fall 1.7% from last year to $47,673, according to the National Assoc...+阅读
ACT III
Wele to the Watermill Inn. 欢迎你们来Watermill Inn。
Oh, Richard, 噢,Richard。
its exactly as it was when we were married! 它跟我们结婚的时候一模一样!
And when I got married. 也跟我结婚时一样。
Even the old patchwork quilt is the same! 甚至这条旧的百衲被罩也是一样!
My great-grandmother made that quilt 我曾祖母缝了这个被罩
when Teddy Roosevelt was President. 在Teddy Roosevelt总统的时代。
In those days, when they made quilts. 那个时代,人们做被罩,
they cut patches 剪下布块
from the old clothing of every member in the family 从每位家庭成员的旧衣服
so that each one would be a part of it. 好让每个人都成为它的一部分。
What a lovely tradition! 多么可爱的传统!
Thank you for calling us. 谢谢你打电话给我们。
I remember you and your wife 我便一直记得你和你太太
from the first time you stayed with us. 自从你们第一次在我们这儿住。
We were very young. 我们那时很年轻。
And very much in love. 而且相爱至深。
We he a baby now. 我们现在有一个小宝宝了。
How wonderful! A boy or a girl? 太好了!男孩还是女孩?
A boy--Max. 男孩。叫Max。
Do you he a picture? 你们有他的照片吗?
Would a professional photographer be without a picture? 一位专业摄影师会没有照片?
Oh, hes adorable! 哦,他可爱极了!
And very bright. 而且非常聪明。
Like his father. A real Stewart. 像他爸爸一样。一个真正的Stewart家庭成员。
And very good-looking, like his mother. 也很漂亮,像他妈妈。
Well, its nice to he you with us again. 噢 ,非常高兴你们又来了。
Next time, bring the baby. 下次把小宝宝一起带来。
You see, Richard? Max is wele here. 你看到了吧,Richard? 他们这儿欢迎Max呢。
Not on our anniversary. 可不能在我们的结婚纪念日。
This vacation is for you and me. 这是我和你的假期。
If theres anything you need, please call me. 假如你们需要什么,请打电话给我。
Ill be in the front office all day. 我整天都在总办公室。
Oh, I took the liberty of ordering some breakfast for you. 噢,我冒昧给你们订了早餐。
Just put it over there, Charles. 就放在这儿吧,Charles。
Thank you, Charles. 谢谢你,Charles。
pliments of the Watermill Inn. Watermill Inn请客。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Thank you so much. 太感谢了。
Now, this is my idea of a good time. 这才是我所谓的享受时光。
Lets see ... hotcakes and maple syrup, with scrambled eggs. 让我瞧瞧烤饼和枫蜜,还有炒蛋。
Umm ... smell that coffee ... cinnamon and cloves. 呀你闻一闻咖啡一股肉桂和丁香的香味。
Homemade buttermilk biscuits. 自治的酸奶脆饼干。
Slices of orange with burnt honey. 上了焦蜜的桔子片。
Lets eat! 让我们享用吧!
First I want to call home 我得先打个电话回家
and check on your mother and the baby. 问问你母亲和孩子的情况。
Honey, if there were any problems, 亲爱的,假如有事的话,
she would call us. 她会打电话过来的。
She doesnt know weve changed hotels. 她不知道我们换了旅馆呀。
Youre right. Of course. 说得也是。
Hello, operator. 喂 ,接线生。
Id like to call Riverdale, New York. 请接New York的Riverdale。
This food is heenly, isnt it? 这一顿太美好了,对吗?
This whole place is heenly. 这整个地方都太美好了。
Do you remember that old desk? 还记得这张旧桌子吗?
Mrs. Montefiore told me that Montefiore太太告诉我
Gee Washington sat at that desk Gee Washington曾坐在那儿
延伸阅读:
美国大学生找工作前必做的20件事大学生入学季节,《波士顿环球报》刊登一篇文章,题目叫为了找到好工作现在要做的20件事。 1. Get out of the library.You can he a degree and a huge GPA and not be ready f...
双语求职美国大学生找工作前必做的20件事大学生入学季节,《波士顿环球报》刊登一篇文章,题目叫为了找到好工作现在要做的20件事。 1. Get out of the library.You can he a degree and a huge GPA and not be ready f...
美国使馆面试问题分析1:别以为使馆什么都知道 ----虽然你被美国大学录取,获得了通知书和I-20表,不管是私立的还是国立的,并不意味着美国使馆了解学校的情况 2:别指望学校什么 ----美国学校并不知道你...
美国驻华公司面试经历对所在圈子一定要了解 出镜人:李豹,清华大学研究生,就职于一家美国驻华的公司。 我是在05年年末和06年年初的时候进入这家公司的,总共经历了三场面试。 第一轮是中国地区公司的...
走遍美国教学文本40:Playing Games ACT IACT I You like living in New York, dont you? 你喜欢住在纽约,是吗? Oh, I love it. 噢,我喜欢住在纽约。 Its so convenient. 一切都很方便。 I can take the bus to work...
走遍美国教学视频文本39:A Real Stewart ACT IIIACT III Thanks, Michelle. 谢谢,Michelle 。 I hope you like it. 希望你喜欢。 Isnt this baby outfit adorable? 这套婴儿装不是很可爱吗? With his name on it--Max. 有他...
走遍美国教学文本41:Playing Games ACT IIACT II Oh, Daddy! 噢,爸爸! We had such a good time at the aquarium. 我们在水族馆玩得真开心。 I saw a real shark. 我看到一条真正的鲨鱼。 I could almost touch it....
美国习惯用语:螺帽螺栓nuts and bolts美国人似乎好把两个押韵的词连在一起组成习惯用语。今天我们首先来讲一个这种形式的习惯用语:nitty-gritty。 Nitty-gritty这个习惯用语约莫在1965年间开始在美国人的日常交...
走遍美国教学视频文本18:Thanksgiving ACT IIIACT III OK, everybody. 好啦,各位。 I want to wele Harry and his daughter Michelle 我想对Harry和他女儿Michelle to Thanksgiving with us. 来参加我们的感恩节晚餐表...